- Who repaired it?
- How long did the repair take?
- How much did it cost?
- How was the object repaired?
I turned the denims inside out and used a needle and thread to sew together the ends of the tear. I’ve not tried to sew anything for a long time so it was a bit of a fiddle but got there in the end.
- Why did you repair the object?
I really didn’t want to throw the denims away. I hadn’t had them for that long before I tore a hole in the knee.
- Why do you think it is important to repair things?
It cuts down on rubbish. It’s good for the environment.
- What would be important to you to be included in a Repair Declaration for Ireland?
To extend the usable life of things as a matter of principle.
- What actions do you think could help Westmeath achieve a vibrant repair culture?
Upcycling and reuse workshops to encourage people to repair more.