- Who repaired it?
- How long did the repair take?
- How much did it cost?
- How was the object repaired?
The lower bars of my pannier rack on my bike had come loose and it was either going to be a replacement or getting a mate to do a quick welding job. Using cable ties I managed to secure it tightly enough and it lasted me the good part of a year.
- Why did you repair the object?
I couldn’t afford a new rack at the time so I needed a quick fix.
- Why do you think it is important to repair things?
To keep things in use for as long as possible.
- What would be important to you to be included in a Repair Declaration for Ireland?
To make spaces available, with the correct tools and mentors, for people to repair their own goods.
- What actions do you think could help Westmeath achieve a vibrant repair culture?
Fliers and posters in places to spread the word about the merits of repairing things.