- Who repaired it?
- How long did the repair take?
- How much did it cost?
I was unable to repair this kayak myself and could not find anyone with the expertise in Ireland, mainly because people are too busy and it’s too complicated a job.
- How was the object repaired?
I bought a kit to repair it myself, but it takes a lot of time to repair and time to research enough to get the confidence to repair it. The kit contains carbon fibre cloth, polyester resin, sandpaper, gel coat – also need scissors and a hair dryer and knife.
- Why did you repair the object?
I want to repair the kayak because it is a very expensive item (€2200 second hand).
- Why do you think it is important to repair things?
A new kayak will be very expensive
- What would be important to you to be included in a Repair Declaration for Ireland?
Create college courses on repair of sports equipment
- What actions do you think could help Westmeath achieve a vibrant repair culture?
Need more people that are skilled in repair in each county – link to employment schemes.