Cast iron cooking pot – failed repair
- Who repaired it?
- How long did the repair take?
- How much did it cost?
- How was the object repaired?
It does not seem possible.
- Why did you repair the object?
It has cracked on the base. It got too hot. Could be repurposed in the garden.
- Why do you think it is important to repair things?
These are expensive pots and this one was purchased in France. It’s a very versatile pot – a traditional French stewing pot and it looks good. It’s very difficult to purchase these in Ireland – must go to France to a traditional market – gutted. This is not enamelled. It’s raw iron and you must keep it oiled – modern pots are enamelled.
- What would be important to you to be included in a Repair Declaration for Ireland?
Support for traditional crafts
- What actions do you think could help Westmeath achieve a vibrant repair culture?
Support for local crafts